In this role, you have the opportunity to
As part of a global design team, your challenge will be to collaborate to the creation of an excellent UX for a broad range of healthcare related solutions. Furthermore, you will be involved in the creation of UI guidelines and standards for the on-screen user interface of frog products, and you will be executing usability evaluations in several stages of the design process in order to identify areas where usability, safety and the overall user experience can be improved.
You are responsible for
You work with global teams on the creation of excellent UX for our healthcare products. You work in all stages of the User Centered Design conducting user needs and workflow analysis and providing your input especially on human factors and usability.
You help create design standards for the on screen user interface of frog products. The goal is to create a consistent and excellent user experience.
You execute usability evaluations in several stages of the design process in order to identify areas where usability, safety and the overall user experience can be improved.
Work with global design teams on the creation of excellent UX:
- Plan and conduct user research activities
- Conduct user need and task analysis
- Describe requirements and usability specifications
- Collaborate in modeling the UX, especially applying human factors to the design solutions
- Participate to design reviews
- Iteratively evaluate design solutions
Creation of UI standards
- Create excellent UI standards based on the analysis of user needs and requirements and on your knowledge of human factors principles. The standards are created in collaboration with visual designers and stakeholders in the businesses
- Create mock-ups and interactive prototypes to evaluate the standards
- Lead design and development teams in applying user centered design and in properly addressing Human Factors
- Create, manage, execute usability evaluation plans to be performed across design and development of our products. Such activities are defined in cooperation with stakeholders in the BUs and executed according to current standards on usability engineering to ensure compliance with European and American regulation (i.e. FDA)
- Conduct usability evaluations, expert reviews, heuristics evaluations using established usability practices and methods. Report results, draw conclusions and make recommendations for re-design and usability requirements.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Academic background in interaction design, product design or cognitive science with focus on Human-Computer Interaction and Usability or comparable experience
- At least 5 years progressive experience as usability engineer
- Proven knowledge of Human factors and interaction design principles
- Experience with usability methodologies, processes and standards, prototyping tools for creating mock-ups
- Knowledge and experience in applying user centred design and usability engineering, preferably to medical devices according to FDA regulation and standards (like IEC 62366-1):
- Experience in conducting heuristic evaluations and usability evaluations, preferably of medical devices.
- Understanding design of experiments, statistical analysis
- Experience in the creation of products from requirements analysis and specifications to validation
- Excellent analytical skills and ability of consulting and communicating results to design and development teams
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to perform with multidisciplinary teams
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.