The Position: Senior UX/UI Designer (Amsterdam)
Senior UX/UI designers lead product research, strategy, information architecture development, and interaction design to create products that bring a smile to the lips and a flutter to the heart. Regardless of whether it’s a corporate Website, software application, or consumer electronics device.
Senior UX/UI designers are able to discover, understand, and communicate the business requirements of our clients, the emotional desires of their customers, and the context in which these two come together.
Qualified candidates will share our belief that design is as much about behaviour and emotion as it is about utility and ease of use.
Senior UX/UI Designers are responsible for the development of innovative navigation systems, interface designs, typography, and screen layouts for software, application, web sites, and other interactive media. They will push the state-of-the-art with every creation and thrive in our fast-paced studio.
- Plan, prioritise, coordinate, and conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modelling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements Discovery
- Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Mentor and manage junior designers
Someone who wants to influence their own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organisation the following competencies:
- 7+ years of experience in UX/UI Design for digital products and services
- Wildly creative and obsessively meticulous
- A keen understanding of user behaviour as it relates to design
- Exceptional design talents with stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to diverse subject matter- from product interaction to software tools and applications to the web
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based applications and consumer electronics
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as AdobeCC, Sketch, InVision, Pixate, and Framer
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction or a related design or behavioural science discipline
- Solid understanding of practical benefits and limitations of internet technologies
- Intimate knowledge of how comps translate to code
- Self-motivation, excellent communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and client management skills
Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Demonstrates a passion for digital product development
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
- Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter
- Proves their facility in translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions, and breaking those down to elemental level
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.